April 18, 2013

DIY Wedding


Today is our 4th anniversary so I wanted to post about that wonderful day! We were married in the backyard of the house I grew up in, where my parents still live. I posted on this when I first started my blog, but I decided my original post doesn't do it justice. : ) My sister and mom did almost all of the creative and leg work on our wedding and I am so thankful for all of their hard work. I love the fun and intimate detail that the DIY elements added. Here are a few of the things we did. 

We had homemade hors d'oeuvres, including this cheese selection. 
A cute spin on something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

We put together the bouquets ourselves from fresh flowers we ordered (anenomes and ranunculus). 

 My husband isn't much of a cake guy, so we made these chocolate covered strawberries instead of a groom's cake.

The cake was ordered from a local bakery (buttercream with orange-grand marnier, yum!), but we made the cake topper ourselves using the same type of flowers (stephanotis) I wore in my hair.

 My sister collected tons of neat bottles and white-washed them with paint on the inside. One of my very favorite things at the wedding.

We made our own menus and programs that we printed out ourselves. We also made paper flowers to put in with the napkin.

We made a bunch of tissue pompoms to hang from the tent. You can also see the favors - we filled the little boxes ourselves and hand-labeled them.

 The finished product. Such a fun night. : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment