November 15, 2011

Flower girl

As promised, here are some shots of Bea as a flower girl in my friend's wedding over the weekend. First some less beautiful cell phone pictures... 

Last minute hair fix ups

...and walking down the aisle.
As you can see, she didn't quite make it by herself but they let me hold her hand and she did great. She was so cute standing up by the wedding party during the ceremony. With the occasional animal cookie for reinforcement for standing in the right spot and more frequent finger up the nose digging away, she did a great job : ) 

Here are a couple of the much prettier professional pictures.


Did I mention my wonderful mom made this adorable dress?? She is seriously talented!
I did the much easier part --- making the little flower accents. I attached one flower to a bobby pin for the hair clip and then my mom sewed two flowers to the belt of the dress to jazz it up a bit. I had originally made a super cute little headband with a couple of flowers on it for Bea for the occasion that I may have worn the day before and misplaced... pitiful, I know.

I had trouble finding the perfect black flower girl dress so I found these two dresses that were our inspiration for her dress. The super sweet little white one (and this photo) is from an Etsy shop and the pink one I found at TJ Maxx.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a precious flower girl!! And your mom MADE that dress? wow! I'm way impressed.

    ReplyDelete